Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phatcoder
Level 7

Youtube TV Exits to Main Menu

Starting yesterday when I select a program to watch on Youtube TV it exits back to the Roku (hdtv stick version) Main menu.  I tried uninstalling Youtube TV, resetting roku and then reinstalling youtube tv but it doesn't help.  I also made sure my Roku and youtube tv have the latest updates.  I can launch the app, see all the programs available in Live or Home but when I select one it exits to the Roku screen.

Any advice?

thank you!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Youtube TV Exits to Main Menu

Thanks for letting us know what you're experiencing. A few questions here: 

- When did you first observe this issue? 
- Does this only occur on one program/channel within YouTubeTV, or have you tried selecting different programs/channels to see if the same behavior occurs? 
- Have you contacted YouTubeTV support to report the issue and request additional assistance? 

Please feel free to send me a private message with more information including the last time you observed this issue, your Roku account email address, your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About, and details about which specific program/show you were watching when this occurred. I'll help pass along the feedback to the channel provider and see what else we may be able to recommend. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
phatcoder
Level 7

Re: Youtube TV Exits to Main Menu

So I ended up doing a factory reset and after activating and installing everything it now works!
0 Kudos