Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Youtube TV Exits to Main Menu

Starting yesterday when I select a program to watch on Youtube TV it exits back to the Roku (hdtv stick version) Main menu.  I tried uninstalling Youtube TV, resetting roku and then reinstalling youtube tv but it doesn't help.  I also made sure my Roku and youtube tv have the latest updates.  I can launch the app, see all the programs available in Live or Home but when I select one it exits to the Roku screen.

Any advice?

thank you!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Youtube TV Exits to Main Menu

Thanks for letting us know what you're experiencing. A few questions here: 

- When did you first observe this issue? 
- Does this only occur on one program/channel within YouTubeTV, or have you tried selecting different programs/channels to see if the same behavior occurs? 
- Have you contacted YouTubeTV support to report the issue and request additional assistance? 

Please feel free to send me a private message with more information including the last time you observed this issue, your Roku account email address, your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About, and details about which specific program/show you were watching when this occurred. I'll help pass along the feedback to the channel provider and see what else we may be able to recommend. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Youtube TV Exits to Main Menu

So I ended up doing a factory reset and after activating and installing everything it now works!
0 Kudos