Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danny998
Level 8

Re: Youtube Stutter at Beginning of Video

Jump to solution

Upon pressing play on ANY YouTube video, it takes 3 to 4 seconds for the audio to kick in. No sound for 3 to 4 seconds. Brand new Ultra 2020 bought 2 days ago to replace a 2-3 year old Ultra... IMO, the old Ultra performs better than the 2020 and this never happened on my older Ultra. And yes, I've tried everything, settings, reload, reinstall, restart, remove, restart, reinstall, change every sound setting, change every HDMI setting etc etc... Seems to be only on the YouTube app. Also, the YouTube app appears to be different on the 2020 compared to the old Ultra. Any help would be appreciated. I'm ready to return this "updated" ultra. (Sony 75" X900F)

0 Kudos
soulquest7
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have no idea what this means, so it's not helpful advice. 

0 Kudos
soulquest7
Level 7

Re: Stuttering, only 1 channel on only 1 device. YouTubeTV

Jump to solution

This did not work for me. Uninstalled and re-installed, but youtube keeps stuttering for a few seconds when it changes to a new video. 

0 Kudos
soulquest7
Level 7

Jump to solution

What is the new Chromecast? A Roku device? 

0 Kudos
JordanAustin
Level 8

Jump to solution

If it helps I pay for YouTube Premium which has no ads and I still have the issue on all my Rokus except the 2020 one.

0 Kudos
Danny998
Level 8

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't care. They'll just point you back to the YouTube app and tell you to contact them. I've had the old Ultra from a few years ago and it didn't do the sound stuttering on YouTube, but it buffered heavily when rewinding a few seconds, and I have Verizon FiOS GIG service, 950 down, 950 up. I bought this new Ultra to maybe fix that, but the new Ultra is worse. The new Ultra weighs half of the old Ultra. What a waste of money. FYI, the last time there was a YouTube app update was back in October 2020. ROKU! PLEASE FIX! WORK WITH YOUTUBE TO FIX THIS ISSUE... And I'm a big Roku stockholder... not for much longer.... Absolutely no customer service to address issues with a "new" model Ultra... Time to boycott and then promote the Amazon product.

0 Kudos
aesthetik24
Level 8

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
aesthetik24
Level 8

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
loufuddrucker3
Level 9

Jump to solution

This did not fix garbled youtube on my Roku. This has to be a YouTube issue because it's only happening on YouTube I do have some audio sync problems however on Hulu so I really don't know what's going on I've tried removing the apps restarting the Roku and reinstalling the apps. No difference.

0 Kudos
loufuddrucker3
Level 9

Jump to solution

I had problems with Hulu and youtube. I removed both of them and restarted the Roku I reinstalled both of them the problems still happen on YouTube every video is garbled at the very beginning for about the first 10 or 15 seconds on Hulu the audio won't match video after a couple hours. Youtube the first 15 seconds is garbled then the audio video starts losing sync.

0 Kudos