Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Youtube Stutter at Beginning of Video

Jump to solution

@Shawn855 @Dude1 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dpfenninger
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just tried and no, no difference.

mattj93
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-RI have tried that multiple times whenever an update pops up in addition to power cycling the Roku tv and it has not resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mattj93 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue is still not resolved, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device/TV model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-summary of the issue

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pbnj
Level 8

Stuttering, only 1 channel on only 1 device. YouTubeTV

Jump to solution

On a sharp 5316x Roku tv. V 9.3.0.4194.13

Youtube TV stutters all the time.

2 other Roku devices in same network have no trouble with the channel (or anything). This device has no trouble with any other channel. The fact that this device is perfectly fine w netflix, prime, pluto, Roku channel indicates to me that this is not due to a networking problem (and I might actually know a thing or two about networking).

So I'm wondering if I should start with sharp, roku, or youtube for support here, or if anyone has similar experience.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Stuttering, only 1 channel on only 1 device. YouTubeTV

Jump to solution

Since it is only a problem with one channel, first thing I'd do would be to reinstall the channel.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory so you get a complete reinstall. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.

4. Reinstall the channel.

5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Note that a reinstalled station gets added to the bottom of the channel grid on the Roku home page.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
pbnj
Level 8

Jump to solution

thank you for the response and instructions. I have applied them. the system has gone one hour without a stutter. I will reply back here in next couple of days if stutter reappears.

0 Kudos
chroospen
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Frame drop/ stutter on youtube version 1.0 build 93000097 

Tcl model 55S525

Software version 9.3.0 build 4194-88

0 Kudos
pbnj
Level 8

Jump to solution

Much thanks @makaiguy 5 days no problem.
I'm crazy-surprised that that worked.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution
Thank you for reporting back. It's always nice to have your advice confirmed. But more to the point, it's good for others with the same problem (at least the few who bother to do a search before posting) to learn of possible solutions.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos