Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Youtube Stutter at Beginning of Video

Jump to solution

Every video that plays has a stutter at the beginning (< 1 second) of the video. This started maybe less than a month ago. I tried reinstalling the app and have updated my tv's software to the current one. I own a TCL 6 series. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know of a fix? Not sure if this is a Roku/Youtube/TCL issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Stuttering, only 1 channel on only 1 device. YouTubeTV

Jump to solution

Since it is only a problem with one channel, first thing I'd do would be to reinstall the channel.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory so you get a complete reinstall. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.

4. Reinstall the channel.

5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Note that a reinstalled station gets added to the bottom of the channel grid on the Roku home page.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Youtube Stutter at Beginning of Video

Jump to solution

@aesthetik24 

Thanks for the post.

We believe this issue has already been resolved.

Please make sure when removing the channel that you restart your TV before adding the channel back again.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing this issue. It's more of an audio issue where the audio seems to be trying to catch up to the video during the first second of the video. lt's very annoying, but hopefully will get fixed in an update.  

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same issue with my Roku Ultra.. I removed the app.. Then restarted the devise through the System Restart settings.. added the YoutubeTV app back and its the same. I can pause the video for a second and then hit play and it corrects, but after a time it starts again.. Or if I change channels.. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Wanted to say I am still experiencing this issue, have already tried removing the app, unplugging then restarting my Roku tv, and reinstalling the app. Did not have this issue until a fairly recent update, but it appears the update from July first did not resolve this problem for me.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Experiencing the same. Seems like a recent system update introduced this glitch. It's annoying.

Please fix!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here. It’s super annoying. I first thought it could be an issue with the host (google) but the Roku is hard wired on gigabit fiber and other devices don’t have the same issue. All rokus in my house have the same problem.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's definitely a Roku-specific issue, as no other device on my home network exhibits this problem.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem on my tcl 6 series. Been going on for a month or so. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also having this issue with my Roku devices

0 Kudos