Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Youtube Problem

Lately I’ve been having a problem with YouTube.  I will be watching a video and then it will black out and say “YouTube is not available, cancel or exit.”  I have to get out of the channel and then go back into it.  I’ve tried rebooting but it still happens. This just started happening recently.  Is anyone else having this problem and is there a solution? 

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Youtube Problem

I'm having the same problem. A lot of people have been having problems with their Roku losing internet connection. I haven't seen a solution given yet that has worked. Personally, I think the Roku company needs to look at the issue on their end. It doesn't seem to be a router or modem problem.

Roku, please do something to fix this problem! My father's Roku Express, which he bought only a week ago, is having the same problem, too. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes I don’t think it’s YouTube itself because I can get it on my phone or my computer just fine with no problems. it’s only on Roku that it does this so I think it’s a Roku problem.

Highlighted
Level 7

I am having this issue as well on my Roku Ultra. The exact scenario as posted by OP. I have also been having some weird issues on my PC where it tells me something went wrong and then performs an auto-reload and begins to play.

My initial thought is that it has nothing to do with the app or Roku itself. I am thinking the issue stems from the router, but I am unsure of where to start looking for a solution. I have a DHCP reservation set up for both my PC and router, so it is not an IP address conflict.

Before anyone asks, yes, I deleted the app off my Roku, rebooted it, and reinstalled. Still the issue exists.

I have a Roku Ultra, Model 4660X running 9.2.0 build 4807-46.

And in case anyone thinks they need to know this info, I have Airport Extreme running firmware 7.9.1

Could this issue be attributed to the System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced display settings > Auto-adjust ???

Edit: I figured out the issue with Youtube on my PC. It was a problem with a defunct/out-of-date Chrome extension. So now I am less inclined to believe the issue is with my router and Roku or the Youtube app on the Roku is at fault. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here, only on our Roku TV. We have other Roku devices plus internet and home network but there's no problem except with Roku TV. So, when comparing with other posts, the only thing I see in common for everyone is Roku itself. Roku needs to stop passing the buck, accept responsibility, and fix it. While they're at it, I would strongly recommend making it easier to post comments instead if rerouting valid issues everywhere else instead of letting the customer voice their concerns. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@samstone11 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Hi, thanks for your response. The problem seems to have cleared up on it's own in the past week. I no longer have the problem. I'm wondering if Roku made some updates/fixes? 

0 Kudos