Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Youtube Guest Account removal

Please provide option to remove the "Guest" feature for the Youtube app on the Roku.  Since this feature was added, I have to keep selecting my Google account to get back into Youtube.  Also, for parental reasons, the "Guest" account does not allow me to monitor the watched or search history for Youtube.  Unfortunately, Youtube is not able to filter out questionable subjects.  I need to have control over what Youtube displays as a parent.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Youtube Guest Account removal

This is a pain in the posterior region.

I dont remember having to choose my account before.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 14

This is not really a Roku issue as much as a YouTube issue. I find it stupid. It's similar with Netflix on my phone, which constantly asks which profile to use, even though I only have ONE profile!!

Highlighted

I agree this is so dam dumb. I can't see anything that my children is watching or doing and it isn't Fair. I feel like just deleting the app on my Roku, an then that will solve it. Smh Roku doesn't even give you a reply or when this would be fixed. They just assumed that everyone wants to have a guest account on the YouTube app... When in FACT they AND I don't  ..... PLZ do something.  So many customers had asked for it already. Thanks 

Highlighted
Level 14

Again, this is not a Roku issue. It's the way YouTube programmed their app. It didn't used to do that before and was in a recent update. Complain to them.