Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vexingcosmos
Level 7

Youtube Channel not playing music

So I have only recentky begun using a Roku I got for Christmas, YouTube works great except for one thing. Any time I try to play music it refuses to get through the song without buffering. Furthermore, when I put any kind of music video whether that be an official, live, or fan-made one in my queue, YouTube just skips it and goes to the next video. Thanks for any help on this!

(If it matters I do have YouTube Red and this account is only used on my phone and now this Roku)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jones5974
Level 7

Re: Youtube Channel not playing music

I have the exact problem.  Videos are fine.  Music streaming buffers unbearably.
0 Kudos

Re: Youtube Channel not playing music

Same problem. Bought the Roku mostly to stream music with my youtube music account but it's not working for that. Hope problem is fixed soon or I'll return my Roku and get a google product instead.
0 Kudos