Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaypot
Level 7

Youtube Chanel not working

My Roku 3 was playing Youtube videos fine last night but will not load any today. Other channels working fine, also Youtube working fine on iPad and Macbook. Live in north SF Bay Area. What's up?
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Kaypot
Level 7

Re: Youtube Chanel not working

If I try to let the channel load, my Roku just goes into a restart. Looked to see if there is an update but it says I am up to date. Also removed and reinstalled the channel but did not fix. Out of ideas.
0 Kudos
gambler
Level 7

Same issue... Started today, just a couple hours ago.

restarted, checked for updates, etc.  No help.

Roku 3
0 Kudos
Legierk
Level 8

Me too. Fine last night. Wanted to finish watching what I started, but no go tonight. Bummer.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"Kaypot" wrote:
If I try to let the channel load, my Roku just goes into a restart. Looked to see if there is an update but it says I am up to date. Also removed and reinstalled the channel but did not fix. Out of ideas.

Did you reboot the Roku after removing but before re-installing? If not, then the removal was not successful. The best way to reboot it to completely unplug it for 20-30 seconds. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
husbear
Level 7

About an hour ago YouTube stopped working normally on my Roku setup. What I get is a very dark gray screen with black lettering in a column along the left side of the screen describing the videos. If I click on one of the descriptions the video described comes up. But it's not an acceptable way to use YouTube!

Later

Okay, I tried deleting and then reinstalling the YouTube app and it worked.
0 Kudos

the same thing happens to me gray screen with black letters on it
0 Kudos
ws6chad
Level 7

"fresnidofreshner" wrote:
the same thing happens to me gray screen with black letters on it

Me too..  Tonight.. first time ever..   In  year.   I have the TCL, 4k HDR, 55"
dark screen with no videos to load.    But you can still back out of the app and it will close if you mentally remember to go back twice then right, then enter..  haha
0 Kudos
AJCxZ0
Level 7

on an updated Ultra 4640RW running 8.1.0 4145-29 working fine before and after a Restart.

My updated 4630X Premier+ running 8.1.0 4145-29 and Streaming Stick 3500X running 8.1.0 4131-09 (YouTube version 8d994797) are working fine before and after a Restart. All are running  YouTube version 8d994797.
Hardware: 4640RW (Ultra), 4630X (Premier+), 2 × 3500R (Stick) | Software: Android app
0 Kudos
gambler
Level 7

"husbear" wrote:
Okay, I tried deleting and then reinstalling the YouTube app and it worked.

Thanks!  That worked for me too.
0 Kudos