Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jboyette
Level 7

Youtube App won't load - 1 week and counting

First off, I cannot find any kind of clear, concise, and authoritative notice or update from Roku regarding the problems I and numerous others have reported with apps not loading, black screens, freezes, etc.

I have searched only to be overwhelmed with countless angry posts from upset and edgy users just like me and frankly the signal to noise ratio isn't very good.

I've tried system updates, reinserting the micro-sd card, checking wires, restoring default themes, etc.. etc...

None of that works... and clearly shouldn't. Logically, if any of that stuff were interfering with the loading and functionality of one app in Roku, then it would likely affect all apps in Roku, but that is not the case. I can run Hulu, Plex, CBS News or dozens of others just fine.

Youtube app just won't load or run. Fix it.

At the very least, post a single, prominent, unavoidable announcement or post or smoke signal stating that Roku Is aware of this, working on it, and should be resolved by "X" time.

Sending everyone off to perform wild troubleshooting voodoo gets old quick.

My model is a Roku4 (4400X).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
stargazr19761
Level 9

Re: Youtube App won't load - 1 week and counting

The voodoo does get old quick don't it. It's a memory issue I think that and bad coding. **bleep** I figured I was banned by now. Roku is a great little device. I just think that customer support is horrible now. 

0 Kudos
stargazr19761
Level 9

I have no idea what I was bleeped for this time. Probably the forum software.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @jboyette

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If you're getting the 'Can't run channel' error whenever you launch Youtube on your Roku, please be advised that we are aware of the issue and the appropriate Roku team is continuously investigating the problem. Once we got feedback from them, we'll let the Community know immediately.

You can check for updates here: Customer Support issue alerts and updates

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos