Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJH2025

Re: Youtube not working

Jump to solution

I have had to do this procedure twice in the last week. Hope this doesn't continue.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SJH2025

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Farley2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny! My problem was solved within a few minutes of deleting and reinstalling Utube and then turning off and restarting my tv. All is good! Thanks, Denise

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We've had the same issue with moms Hisense/Roku tv twice this week.. I have not had issues with my Onn/Roku tv... not yet anyway 🙂 the Onn is newer.. maybe its a glitch with the older software or some goofy thing.. we will keep reinstalling it and hope it lines itself out soon.. i'm hoping they are not dropping support on older product... I hate living in a world where everything is temporary and disposable... I miss the old work ethic, integrity, reliability... climbing off soapbox now ... shalom...

0 Kudos
krisbee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have to keep doing this once a week now.

0 Kudos
silastis

Re: Youtube App Won't Launch

Jump to solution

today my roku tv is not launch any streaming apps like youtube, netflix, primevideo and others.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Youtube App Won't Launch

Jump to solution

@silastis 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ladybug1440
Binge Watcher

Re: Youtube not working still

Jump to solution

Tried all that including restarting Roku still YouTube isn’t loading 😞 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ladybug1440, try the "clear the cache" routine - Using your Roku remote, press Home 5 times, Up once, Rewind (<<) twice, and FF (>>) twice.  If you do it correctly your Roku will restart on its own.  Once it reboots, check for updates under Settings->System->System update->Check now.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ladybug1440
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you I replied on YouTube not working feed

Did all you suggested 

still not working😖

wouldnt reboot after trying 5 times

so I restarted instead.

0 Kudos