Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pshirmey
Level 7

YouTubeTV update broke it on Roku

Confirmed with YouTubeTV support last night that their August 30th update broke the app for Roku.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: YouTubeTV update broke it on Roku

Do a manual update.  They performed a rollback in order to resolve the issue.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
pshirmey
Level 7

Thanks RokuShawn
0 Kudos
steved
Level 7

I'm having a  lot of performance issues with YouTube TV (detailed here: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=118831).  Do you know what the most current version of the YTTV app is?
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"steved" wrote:
I'm having a  lot of performance issues with YouTube TV (detailed here: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=118831).  Do you know what the most current version of the YTTV app is?

I don't know off-hand, and it could be different for various model, though I don't believe this is the case in this particular circumstance.  I'll look over the other thread and speak with CS tomorrow, but if you haven't posted your model number already, please post here, or PM me.

My son's using YT on a Roku 3 (4320x) without issue.  I have a 4200x next to my laptop that also doesn't experience any issues.

We're both on 8.1 firmware currently.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I'm being told 1.0 Build: 70500270.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
steved
Level 7

I have a Streaming Stick+ 3810X and Express 3900X, both running V8.1.0 Build 4155-50.  I also have an Ultra 4660X running V8.1.0 Build 4145-46.

All were running YoutubeTV V1.0 Build 70500030, but it looks like there was an update today to Build 70500038.

It looks like the bandwidth issues still occur, but they seem to be worst on the Ultra.  I'm not sure if this is due to the older Roku build it is running.  I tried manually updating it but it stayed at 4145-46.
0 Kudos
steved
Level 7

BTW, the issues are occurring in the Youtube TV app.  I don't use the Youtube app so I don't know if it has the issues or not.
0 Kudos