Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTubeTV device compatible?

Jump to solution

Our Roku 1 (Model 2710x) does not give us the option to use YouTubeTV but we can get it on our other Roku units which are newer ones. How do we connect to YouTubeTV with the Roku 1?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: YouTubeTV device compatible?

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. You can see which Roku devices that the YouTube TV channel supports here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7129767?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

It's not likely that older Roku devices that aren't currently supported would receive support in the future, due to a variety of hardware and age related considerations. Older devices may not have enough system resources to run newer channels developed far after they were originally created and offered for sale.  

I'd recommend checking out our latest player lineup at www.roku.com/products to see what other options may work for you. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTubeTV

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my Roku1,  model 2710R and would love to hear how to get Youtubetv on this model. I get YouTubetv on my Roku4

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: YouTubeTV

Jump to solution

2710's are too old for YouTube TV and are not supported.  Supported models are shown after the '1 Supported Roku devices include' at the bottom of this page:

https://newsroom.roku.com/news/2018/02/youtube-tv-now-available-roku-devices/s1gzz6co-1564179703

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: YouTubeTV device compatible?

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. You can see which Roku devices that the YouTube TV channel supports here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7129767?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

It's not likely that older Roku devices that aren't currently supported would receive support in the future, due to a variety of hardware and age related considerations. Older devices may not have enough system resources to run newer channels developed far after they were originally created and offered for sale.  

I'd recommend checking out our latest player lineup at www.roku.com/products to see what other options may work for you. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

2016 Roku streaming stick run Youtube TV?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a 2016 Roku streaming stick and it is updated and current. Installed 2/1/2016.

I can not get the you tube tv channel. Any ideas?

Roku Streaming Stick

Model 3500 X

serial # 2LD589063568

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: 2016 Roku streaming stick

Jump to solution

Hi again.

I posted this issue and was hoping for a response from the roku tech. team.

How about it Roku...

This device is not that old...is it obsolete?

If it is wish I knew that before I purchased 4 devices for my home.

PRL

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Will YouTube TV work with a Roku 2 3100R?

Jump to solution

Having trouble installing YouTube TV on my older Roku 2 player. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Will YouTube TV work with a Roku 2 3100R?

Jump to solution

@jcapers 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that the YoutubeTV channel supports the following Roku devices: All Roku TVs, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Ultra, Roku Ultra LT, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick+ HE, Roku Streaming Stick (3600x and newer models), Roku Express/Express+, Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x, 4230x), and Roku 2 (4210x).

For more information about compatible devices, you can visit YoutubeTV's support page here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7129767?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 2016 Roku streaming stick

Jump to solution

@PRL 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Youtube TV support only certain Roku devices: All Roku TVs, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Ultra, Roku Ultra LT, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick+ HE, Roku Streaming Stick (3600x and newer models), Roku Express/Express+, Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x, 4230x), and Roku 2 (4210x).

For more information about what devices Youtube TV supports, visit their Support page here: Supported Devices.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos