Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTubeTV BACKGROUND PLAY WHILE BROWSING THROUGH THE APPLICATION

Hi. I'm trying to find out which new Roku 4k model to buy so I can watch YouTube TV and have BACKGROUND PLAY WHILE BROWSING THROUGH THE APPLICATION.

Right now my 2017 Roku Ultra Model 4640x (no longer available) and my Roku 2 Model 4210x work with YouTubeTV BACKGROUND PLAY WHILE BROWSING THROUGH THE APPLICATION.

My Roku 4 Model 4400x does not work with YouTubeTV BACKGROUND PLAY WHILE BROWSING THROUGH THE APPLICATION.

YouTubeTV BACKGROUND PLAY WHILE BROWSING THROUGH THE APPLICATION -

1. watching a live show -
2. while watching the show, press the Roku remote BACK button (top left on remote).
3. now I'm on the top level YouTubeTV menu LIBRARY HOME LIVE AND

AND I can see the live TV show is still playing 'underneath' the LIVE menu and I can still hear it playing while I browse the menus.

or

1. watching a recorded show -
2. while watching the show, press the Roku remote BACK button (top left on remote).
3. I'm now on the YouTubeTV LIBRARY menu from where I launched the recorded show AND

AND I can see the recorded show is still playing 'underneath' the YouTubeTV LIBRARY menu and I can still hear it playing while I browse the menus.

Thanks for any help...

0 Kudos