Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobbie43
Level 7

YouTube won’t run

Anyone else having a problem with YouTube not working? I go to it and it say YouTube could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from network. Check networks connection. Network connection is fine. I’ve deleted the app restarted my Roku and reinstalled and getting the same message

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: YouTube won’t run

I was watching YouTube just now. Whatever is going on may just be a temporary glitch. You've already restarted your Roku, and your network seems to be working. 

Along that line, are all other apps, or at least, 2-3 other apps, working okay? If so, I'd just assume it's a temporary glitch that will resolve shortly.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
cohere
Level 7

I have the same problem.  works on one tv but other says can't run channel.  I contacted Youtube who gave me a credit, but no one from Roku will respond.  

0 Kudos
Bobbie43
Level 7

Yes all other apps are working

0 Kudos
Bobbie43
Level 7

I even tried starting it from my phone by linking from my phones app and same message came up

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

@Bobbie43 wrote:

I even tried starting it from my phone by linking from my phones app and same message came up

Try changing your screensaver to a basic Roku one (such as one of the Roku clocks), and/or changing your theme to the Default theme, and then try loading the YT app.

0 Kudos
cohere
Level 7

ok, got e mail from youtube tv suggesting to pull device and replug in.  I pulled the power from my Roku stick and let it set for a minute, then replugged and Youtube tv now loads.

Bobbie43
Level 7

Nope didn’t work. It worked today before I went to work so it was off while I was at work, but wouldn’t work after turning it on

0 Kudos
JohnVI
Level 7

I also had to hit the reset button on my Stick, but YTTV loads now - thanks

0 Kudos
mckeej
Level 7

I can’t open YouTube or prime. Something needs to get fixed!

0 Kudos