Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTube won't launch

For the past few days, when I when I try to launch YouTube it gives me a can't run channel error "YouTube could not be run because there is not enough space. Please remove one or more of your installed channels and try again." I'm not having trouble with any other apps though, I can still add channels and no matter how many I remove, it doesn't do any good, so this seems to have little if anything to do with the real problem. I've tried unplugging the device, updating the system (but it's already up to date), uninstalling YouTube, rebooting the device and reinstalling it, but still the same error.
My Roku model is 3810x-Roku Streaming Stick+
Software version, 9.20.build 4806-50

15 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: YouTube won't launch

@liger 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

I've been trying this for days, and YouTube still gives me the same error message when I try to launch the reinstalled app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the exact same problem on my Roku Express, but on both my Roku 2 and 3, Youtube works perfectly fine. I have tried exactly everything you have. Also, it worked every day before.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks Danny!

That did it!

Deleted the Youtube app, restarted the system, and re-installed the app. 

Works fine now.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Wingnut 

That's great to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

Happy Streaming!
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

There is not system restart option

Highlighted

I have removed the YouTube app, restarted the TV and downloaded the app again with no success.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

There is no system restart on my Roku TV.  My YouTube and YouTubeTV just out of the blue will not launch.  However it launches on every other device I have with no problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@JayKelz go to the power section. You can find restart or just simply unplug it and wait for 10 seconds. Plug it again and install the YouTube app. 

0 Kudos