Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J-Walker79
Level 7

YouTube will not play music or any audio that only shows 1 pic. for more than a few minutes before going to home screen.

I recently bought a Roku express + . At night I like to listen to radio's shows like coast to coast am on YouTube. But some reason after about 30 minutes it goes back to the home screen. Coast 2 Coast just shows a picture on the screen like their logo or whatever and it doesn't change. If I play something that has video or like a slide show of pictures that go on during the radio show or podcast I usually have no problems.Can anyone help me with this? I We have 2 older Rokus 1 in the living room and one in another bedroom. We use them all of the time to play music and talk radio and neither one of them have ever went back to the home screen for no reason.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: YouTube will not play music or any audio that only shows 1 pic. for more than a few minutes before going to home scr

Coast to Coast? I think it's the Illuminati controlling your Roku!

But seriously, try deleting the YouTube channel, rebooting your Roku, and adding it again. See if that helps.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 10

Re: YouTube will not play music or any audio that only shows 1 pic. for more than a few minutes before going to home scr

Maybe you can find another route to Coast To Coast. There are a numbr of Roku apps that can play radio stations -- TuneIn and I_Heart_Radio come immediztely to mind.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
J-Walker79
Level 7

Thank you
0 Kudos