Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r9191
Level 7

Re: YouTube update of 1/19/21 crashes older Roku

Danny,

model: 4200x Roku 3

serial number 1gh31p023869

sftwr v: 9.40 build 4200-04

Everytime I try open YouTube crashes device and reboots

0 Kudos
cullible
Level 8

Well, my Roku 2 is still up and running YouTube today and I believe it loads faster than before. One thing I forgot it had and I that could be a factor...my Roku 2 has an SD card installed. Maybe that's why mine is working now while others are not...just thought I'd put that out here. If YouTube is hogging memory...

That said, my frustration got me interested in the Streambar as the next step if any more problems arise.

Good luck, all.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@cullible 

Great theory, but the SD card has nothing to do with system memory. It just enlarges channel storage space for the app itself. It's not used at all for a channel that's in use. It would be nice to be able to increase system memory, but that doesn't exist for Roku or Fire TV devices. The Shield does allow configuring external storage as system memory.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
cullible
Level 8

Thanks! I wasn't sure but I thought I should mention it was there.

0 Kudos
daveu
Level 8

YouTube started working for me about 2 hours ago and still seems OK.  My thanks to however was responsible for the "fix".

0 Kudos
jilkab
Level 7

I have a Roku 3 hard crashing when trying to go to the YouTube channel as well. This happens after waking it from sleep with the "Home" button or after it resets itself.

I have found, however, that if I open Netflix first, then go back home, YouTube will actually load!

My cludgy workaround: open Netflix first, then YouTube will work. 

Cardsrvc
Level 7

When on my Youtube no matter if I turn in to YouTube, it defaults to FilmRise which is probably a Roku Channel.  I think they are manipulating something like Twitter and YouTube did.  THEY ARE VIOLATING OUR RIGHTS and wishes on what to watch on our channels.  I think they should be BOYCOTTED!

0 Kudos
doctormelodious
Level 7

Roku 4210X

The YouTube channel was never the greatest UX, but since the update I’ve had to remove and re-add it three times (so far).

0 Kudos
dancerchick801
Level 7

I am having the same issues today. App is updated as of today, 1/26/21. I go to open YouTube or YouTube TV, the page freezes, goes to a black screen, and then restarts. No issues yesterday. We have a Streaming Stick Model 3600X. 

0 Kudos
prickard
Level 8

Just a moment ago, when I tried go into my youtube channel, the screen froze up and my Roku reset.  Each time I try to use my youtube channel I have this problem.  I am not able to watch youtube.  How can I fix this?!

0 Kudos