Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelwolf71885
Level 8

Re: YouTube update of 1/19/21 crashes older Roku

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you haven't already, please provide us with all of the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version

Roku 2 4210

SN: 4A7588001299

Youtube version 1.0 build 93000123

crashes when trying to open

checking for updates twice downdloads something then YouTube functions until closed

then we have to do the checking for updates twice agian 

also YouTube has lost it’s transparency effects when it used to have them it’s like it’s a crippled app also when loading YouTube a small logo of YouTube appears before the channel loads

Roku 2 4210
llmichellels
Level 7

You need to clear the roku cache. To do so, press home 5 times, press up once, rewind twice, fast forward twice. The device will restart. App opened up after restart, but happened again after 2nd use. Let's hope youtube just fixes this soon.

This was posted from someone else, but it worked for me just now. I did also remove the app first, added the channel back, then did the steps above. After it re-booted, when I clicked on YouTube, it reloaded. Good luck.

0 Kudos
fr8ighttrain
Level 7

Ditto. Was working okay as of yesterday for me, but now every attempted launch of YouTube crashes the Roku and reboots it. Scanned for updates and soft rebooted. Haven’t tried deleting the channel and re-adding, but that appears to be a temp fix.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
eford
Level 8

I'm having the same problem with my Roku Stick.  It was working fine as recent as yesterday (24 Jan 21) but tonight the YouTube channel just goes dark then after a delay the Roku reboots.  Netflix channel works without issue.  Those are the only ones I've tried before checking this forum.  I tried removing and reinstalling the YouTube channel but that had no effect.

Model: 3600X - Roku Stick

Serial Number: 5S56DM090421

Software version: 9.4.0 build 4200-24

YouTube Channel: Version 1.0 build 93000123

I shutdown my TV and started checking this forum and now the problem seemes to have corrected.

0 Kudos
cullible
Level 8

-Roku device model:

4210X - Roku 2

-serial number:

5F35CE003048

-device ID:

Same as S/N

-software OS/version:

9.4.0  build 4200-04

Beginning 1/20, Youtube app shows "loading" on screen; screen goes black for a few seconds; Roku returns to Home screen. Removed and added app along with unplugging and restarting made no change. Just did the "secret" remote dance.

Update...I just reloaded the Youtube app. Version: 1.0.93000123 is dated today, Jan 25, 2021. Fingers crossed that Google listened and fixed the issue.

Well...not exactly. I tried to open YouTube and my Roku 2 just had to restart on its own. Second verse...same as the first. Two strikes, Google. I'm sending them another feedback via the link someone posted in this thread.

Anybody else have the same adverse results?

Thanks

cullible
Level 8

BTW, here's the link if anyone needs it...

https://www.youtube.com/tv/feedback 

sheacox
Level 7

Mine crashed and reset twice after selecting YouTube, worked the third time, no confidence that it will hold.  Info requested:

-Roku device model:  4200X - Roku 3
-serial number:  1GS43W076596
-device ID:  not listed
-software OS/version:  9.4.0, build 4200-04
-Always YouTube, only YouTube (I checked half a dozen other random stations)

Steph

0 Kudos
cullible
Level 8

Woot!

YouTube works again! I hope it was a tweak tonight and it's fixed.

Anyone else working again?

0 Kudos
Denise118
Level 8

I'm missing live chat option when watching live streams. Anyone seeing live chat option?

Roku3 4200x

Beeswaxian
Level 8

Roku 3 started crashing every single time I launch Youtube.

App and system are up to date so I deleted and reinstalled Youtube app. Didn't work.

is it possible they just made Youtube a memory hog so that's why it crashes? Google does the same thing with the Chrome browser and it's the only browser that won't work on older Macs. Throw all your tech in a landfill, everybody! Google's got big ideas!