Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbwire
Level 8

Re: YouTube update of 1/19/21 crashes older Roku

Hokey pokey instructions please

0 Kudos
Barbwire
Level 8

Ill be pissed. Its one of the only channels i watch on my roku

Dfinney
Level 7

The YouTube is version 1 build 93000123

I have a roku 3 last up date dec 10th. You tube was working until this weekend. Have reloaded channel and restarted roku

0 Kudos
sohsie
Level 7

Update: i removed the app, restarted the roku using the option in the settings (ie not just unplugging and replugging the roku), and then reinstalled the app. It appears to be working now

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@Dfinney 

Make sure you follow the specific order. Remove the channel. Restart the Roku (or pull the power for at least 30 seconds). This is an absolute requirement. Without the restart after removing the channel, it's not really removed. After the restart, then add the channel back in. This has been reported as working for numerous users. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Barbwire
Level 8

I tried all of that and it didnt work neither did the reddit fix...

tderkitt
Level 7

SAME PROBLEM occurs only when loading youtube since Jan 19, 2021 youtube update

Model 4200X - Roku 3

SN 1GS3DN078651

SW 9.4.0 build 4200-04

ISSUE ID 51-035-586

drakaeden
Level 7

I've tried this two times, and the reddit fix including clearing the cache; nothing has worked for me.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Chickybeth @SpringsteenFan @tderkitt 

Thanks for providing us with you information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you haven't already, please provide us with all of the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos