Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 21

Re: YouTube update of 1/19/21 crashes older Roku

@tbnman1 

I've found that when casting when there's an existing app/channel on the Roku (such as YouTube) it attempts to use the installed channel. So it crashing isn't surprising. What model Roku are you using? 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
WLG
Level 7

Model 3910RW - Roku Express+

Youtube TV version 1.0.93000058

Youtube TV was working until it updated.  I have removed the app, power-cycled the unit, re-installed the app and my Roku Express+ still freezes.  I have done this multiple times.  I have even tried switching networks from Verizon to AT&T and it still freezes.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the appropriate team is currently investigating this issue and I'll be sure to update this thread once more information is available to me.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
prickard
Level 8

I figured I'd organize this a bit and give the thorough info:

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model:  4200X-Roku 3
-serial number:  1GS43MO15591
-device ID:   No info
-software OS/version:  9.4.0 Build 4200-04

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel Every time I try to go into ym Youtube channel my Roku freezes then resets.  I have tried all suggested steps.  Cleaing cache, reseting Roku after deleting youtube channel then reinstalling.
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times):  I am unable to, Roku freezes up.
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing:  Every time I try to go into my Youtube channel.

0 Kudos
SteveV703
Level 7

Same issue with my Roku3. 

As mentioned by someone above deleting, using the menu to reboot, waiting about 10 minutes and loading the YouTube app seems to have resolved the issue for the last 24hrs on two separate reboots. 

Good Luck everyone 

0 Kudos
Shaka808
Level 7

Just started happening here also last night (1/26) - We have an brand new roku tv (4 months old) tried deleting and reinstalling the app and it just crashes even faster now.

prickard
Level 8

@SteveV703 wrote:

Same issue with my Roku3. 

As mentioned by someone above deleting, using the menu to reboot, waiting about 10 minutes and loading the YouTube app seems to have resolved the issue for the last 24hrs on two separate reboots. 

Good Luck everyone 

Steve, I've tried this method several times to no avail.  The problems still persist.

0 Kudos
MtnGal
Level 7

4230X - Roku 3

9.4.0 build 4200-04

YouTube only

Version 10 build 93000128

0 Kudos
cullible
Level 8

I don't know why but ever since 1/25 my YouTube is working well. I forgot to mention that when it did, I got a note bubble that said I was logged out and I needed to log in again.

Maybe if folks first remove the app from the Roku, access YouTube from another device, log out, then do the restart and reload app process, this will make a difference. Not sure if this will work but that's one difference I noted when my Roku 2 was able to bring YouTube up again.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

We believe this issue has been resolved. Please remove the channel, restart your device, and then add the channel back to see if you are still seeing the issue you are reporting. The Youtube channel version should be 1.0.93000128 (the channel version can be found by selecting the channel and pressing the * button).

In addition, we would recommend checking to see if an update is available for your Roku device. For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator