Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dwind
Level 8

Re: YouTube update of 1/19/21 crashes older Roku

Is dear old Roku running out of storage? What about adding a micro SD?

0 Kudos
Me23
Level 7

The Roku that I have

In the software release notes for the update, Roku lists the following supported Roku devices receiving Roku OS 9.2.

• Roku Express
  • Roku Express+
  • Roku Premiere
  • Roku Premiere+
  • Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Roku Ultra LT
  • Roku Ultra
  • Roku Smart Soundbar
  • 4K Roku TV
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3600X)
  • Roku Express (3700X)
  • Roku Express+ (3710X)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3800X)
  • Roku Express (3900X)
  • Roku Express+ (3910X)
  • Roku Premiere (4620X)
  • Roku Premiere+ (4630X)
  • Roku Ultra (4640X)
  • Roku Ultra (4660X)
  • Roku 3 (4200X)
  • Roku LT (2700X)
  • Roku 1, Roku SE (2710X)
  • Roku 2 (2720X)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3500X)
  • Roku 2 (4210X)
  • Roku 3 (4230X)
  • Roku 4 (4400X)
  • Roku TV (5000X)
  • 4K Roku TV (7000X)
  • Roku TV – All Roku TV models

If You Want to Watch in 4K

I have a newer Roku 3900X it is still supposed to be supported why isn’t YouTube working on it

0 Kudos
Barbwire
Level 8

I tried removing then reinstalling youtube and it actually made matters worse. Now if i click on youtube everything freezes for about a minute then roku shuts down itself and restarts. 
I also tried clearing cache 10x but the instruction dont work for me.

JarrodSanders
Level 7

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model: 4200X - ROKU 3
-serial number: 1GH350024723
-device ID: ???
-software OS/version: 9.4.0 build 4200-04
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? Yes, only YouTube since 1/19/2021
- if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel: version 1.0 build 93000128
-tracker ID when this issue occurs: Unable to provide since this function did not work. After selecting the YouTube channel the Roku froze for a few seconds and then crashed and reset itself.
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: selecting the YouTube channel. It has worked intermittently over the last week. Then it just stops working and freezes and crashes the Roku. Sometimes trying over and over, with the Roku crashing and resetting will eventually make it work. Other times unplugging and replugging in repeatedly will get it to work. Other times, giving up and forgetting about YouTube for a day or so and then trying again and it will work. As of today I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it did not make it work. Currently I have not been able to use my Roku to watch YouTube for 2 1/2 days. I have tried above steps over and over and nothing has worked, so no longer an intermittent problem, this is persistent. We are mirror casting from our phones as a work around.

Can't tell you how much I LOVE automatic updates! Seriously think they ( updates) are real life Revenge of the Nerds!

0 Kudos
rchott
Level 8

@JarrodSanders 

Next time you decide to ignore the problem “for a few days”, delete the YouTube and YouTubeTV apps before you take that break.

When you’re ready to try again, perform the “cache clear dance” before you install YouTube. Again thats Home 5 times, Up Once, Rewind Twice, Fast Forward Twice. The menu will move around a little and then it will restart. 

good luck, let me know what happens! 

0 Kudos
JeanW1
Level 7

We have the same problem.  However, so far it only effects one of our TV’s.  Our other two TV’s work fine.  All the Tv’s are SONYs.   

0 Kudos
DocRoot
Level 10

@Me23 wrote:

The Roku that I have

In the software release notes for the update, Roku lists the following supported Roku devices receiving Roku OS 9.2.

Although that's from Sept-2019, you should be on 9.4 by now?

0 Kudos
jimcat
Level 7

Re: Roku 3 crashing when trying to start Youtube

Same issue on my Roku 3. Will not load. But, I have the same issue on my new 4k Firestick it loads but will not play

0 Kudos
Dwind
Level 8

Re: Roku 3 crashing when trying to start Youtube

I do believe it’s a garbage collection problem - basically storage management. When they’re talking of clearing cache space, deleting old unused apps, reset, etc. they’re basically trying to free up storage. So, get rid of all unneeded apps. Remove YouTube, YouTube tv, reset which reboots, then add just YouTube. Run it for a bit then try adding YouTube tv. A micro sd card may also work after the above is done.

the bad thing is passwords are lost and when YouTube tv come up you need to reauthorize it. A PIA. 

0 Kudos
JCPEREZ27
Level 7

Hello, this is Juan Carlos.  

My Roku Express have the following information:

Model: 3930MX - Roku Express

Serial Number: XOO400U957N4

Software OS / Version:  9.4.0  compilacion 4200-AE

Device ID: S011298957N4

The issue with the "Prime Video" channel has the Tracker ID: N4-041-832

The issue with the "YouTube" channel has the Tracker ID: N4-041-861

The problem occurs when i´m watching a show in the Prime Video Channel, after watching a program for 3 minutes, the application closes and sends me to the Roku home page.

The same problem occurs in the YouTube channel.

"Prime Video" channel:  Version 11.4  compilacion 2020092816

"YouTube" channel:  Version 1.0  compilacion 93000123

I hope you can help me solve the problem.

My email is juancarlos_perez@prodigy.net.mx

Regards

0 Kudos