Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chuckle
Level 8

Re: YouTube update causing audio crackle

This solved our problem, not sure we will like having the guide on, but at least we can use the wireless speakers again

0 Kudos
lottelein
Level 7

Yes, I'm grateful for the YouTube audio again, but that robot voice! It does help a bit -- just a bit -- to turn down the volume set for menu, but I sure hope the Roku/TCL folks solve this problem once and for all. Mu TCL Roku TV is brand new, and this is most exasperating.

0 Kudos
Josh1
Level 9

Everytime they update youtube something breaks and I'm pretty sure they never look at roku feedback except for the lastest models.

0 Kudos
9to5Not
Level 8

For those of us that have been having to deal with going through the settings so that we can get to the audio guide, try it now. I tried YouTube without doing all of that last night and it’s working just fine without it again… For now🙏🏾

mhoefferle01
Level 8

Thanks for letting me know! Glad it was resolved. I will not miss that voice.

Nicole-84
Level 7

I am also having the same issue with YouTube of that sound. It happens a bit after the video has been going.

0 Kudos
Sdhab
Level 8

Try this:

settings> accessibility > audio guide > on

0 Kudos
TA1
Level 7

My TCL Roku was doing the same thing with YouTube crackling sounds, so annoying..I researched + came here today to see a fix and before I tried the settings > audio guide ON, I decided to see if there was any new updates on youtube app.... just now updated the YouTube app with the latest update and restarted my TCL....So far, so good...the crackling went away for now.

0 Kudos
TechZilla
Level 7

I had sound crackling issues watching the on demand movies on my Roku using the YouTubeTV app. To fix this problem I went to the Ruku Settings Menu - Audio - Audio Mode and changed setting from Auto (DD) to Stereo and the Crackling sound stopped in the YouTubeTV app.

BudE
Level 7

Yes, I just set up a new Roku device, and noticed I get a pop / crackle when Youtube videos start.  It's only Youtube, and only when they first start.  All the other apps seems OK.  I used a different TV / Roku a few weeks ago, and never noticed it.  Every time Youtube updates app, it seems something new is different / or a new problem surfaces.

0 Kudos