Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trackrails
Level 7

Re: YouTube stops playing

Same issue here. YouTube live streams time out. Doesn't happen on my iPad. Very annoying.  
Roku: What's the ETA on a fix?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Vertigo
Level 7

Roku, at least tell us that you are working on it
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the notes here. Please feel free to review the entire thread for the last update from our team.  

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=140775&start=45#p651293

We are still investigating the issue and will provide further updates as soon as we know more. We appreciate your patience in the meantime. Please stay tuned! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
pantano3
Level 7

Same here. Live streams on YouTube stop in about fifteen minutes. If i cast, it does not seem to do that. Please fix this!!!!
Train
Level 8

Same here.  Youtube livestreams always stop after 15 minutes.  WTF

Train
Level 8

@RokuTannerD wrote:
Thanks for the notes here. Please feel free to review the entire thread for the last update from our team.  

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=140775&start=45#p651293

We are still investigating the issue and will provide further updates as soon as we know more. We appreciate your patience in the meantime. Please stay tuned! 

Thanks,
Tanner

OK.  Reading through this thread, Roku knows this has been an issue for months now.  I have a Roku Ultra that I bought a few weeks ago.  These things are not cheap.  I am now forced to watch Youtube on Android and Windows, because they work and do not stop playing Youtube livestreams after 15 minutes.  Is Roku going to fix this, or do we need to contact Roku's legal department to notify them of our desire to get our money back for this fairly useless device.

yuwqwang
Level 8

Roku, when are you fixing this.  I'm experiencing it on my reply ultra too

Train
Level 8

I seem to have found a fix for this 15 minute issue, at least it is working for me now on my Roku Ultra.  I went into the Youtube app settings and turned off "Improve Youtube".  Pretty ironic, actually.  It must have been reporting something to Youtube every 15 minutes.  If that is really it, then Roku should have figured this out a long time ago.

0 Kudos
Shadly
Level 7

Train, is it still working for you? I tried it and it is still doing it.

I've been dealing with this problem for two years now. They just updated the YouTube app and it still does it. I think I'm done with Roku, I'm going with a competitor. This absolutely kills the product for me.
0 Kudos
yuwqwang
Level 8

Disable feedback to YouTube worked for me. Thank you!
0 Kudos