Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matg
Level 7

Re: YouTube stops playing

Been getting this for the last couple of days

Have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled but still Live streams stop after about 10-15 minutes. You can stop YT playing another video in the YT app preferences but it’s very annoying it stops as I’m trying to watch a motorsport event.

Roku use to great, recently they have gone downhill won’t be buying another since IPTV is now blocked.
0 Kudos

I'd like to add my two cents worth, as this is happening to me as well.  Live strems stop playing and move onto the next random video after about 15 minutes every time.  I also have an Amazon Fire TV Stick with the YouTube app installed that I decided to try this on last night, and found that the Fire TV Stick doesn't exhibit this behavior.  The live streams keep playing with no issues on that device.  Just an FYI to the powers that be.  Also, like other users have said, I also have had no problems with any other app on the Roku device.  This only affects the YouTube app.
0 Kudos
jerankin2
Level 7

Yes, live feeds on Youtube are still broken, and I recently received Roku software version 9.1.0 build 4121-48 as an update. If anything, that update made the problem worse. For the very first time, I'm seeing live feeds that won't load on a few other apps as well as Youtube. Looks like I need a different smart TV service, because Roku just keeps getting worse. It worked beautifully from January to March, then started breaking.
0 Kudos
ktsanf
Level 7

"jerankin2" wrote:
Yes, live feeds on Youtube are still broken, and I recently received Roku software version 9.1.0 build 4121-48 as an update. If anything, that update made the problem worse. For the very first time, I'm seeing live feeds that won't load on a few other apps as well as Youtube. Looks like I need a different smart TV service, because Roku just keeps getting worse. It worked beautifully from January to March, then started breaking.

I was informed an update was coming, just no clue when, no ETA. Still broke. Still junk.
0 Kudos
cochoochoo
Level 7

I also have the problem with my live feeds timing out after 15 min. , this doesn't happen with my old Express or Streaming stick.  I can bring up YouTube on my SmartTV and watch all of my live 24hr streams with no problem, also watch them on the computer with no trouble.  Sounds like people didn't get the word on possible changes to the Ultra.
Chris
0 Kudos
foognar
Level 7

Also having this issue on my brand new TCL Roku TV.
Super annoying.

I made an account just to post about this, because I find it really UNBELIEVABLE to see that this issue has been going on for such a long time and is not fixed.
It's definitely Roku's responsibility to follow up closely on this issue with Google/YouTube to ensure a good customer experience. 

Really, it's an unacceptable issue and instead of pointing fingers like the Three Stooges slipping on banana peels, simply get your act together and fix this issue, Roku.

Edit: And if Roku replies with "Please PM me your details and re-install the app" then so help me god... How about you reply with: "We are coordinating with YouTube on a fix."
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your note. 

We've previously provided this communication to users reporting this issue. See more here: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=140775&start=30#p645302

We have continued to work with the channel provider to resolve the issue, and will be sure to provide further updates as they are available. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
ktsanf
Level 7

I wonder if we should start researching a class action?
0 Kudos
foognar
Level 7

In short term, better than class action will be continuing our push to flag this issue to prominent YouTubers / social media celebs, to get maximum visibility and public traction.

Either way, the longer the delay in releasing the fix, the easier it becomes for cheated customers to drive a severe drop in positive word of mouth about Roku branded products. 
Good reputation takes years to build - Bad reputation takes mere weeks once the tipping point is reached.
0 Kudos
Vertigo
Level 7

Same thing live YouTube feed changes to next video after 15 min
Super annoying
Now using Android tv to watch live YouTube

But what is the use of Roku smart tv if I can't watch live YouTube
0 Kudos