Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahone
Level 7

Re: YouTube stops playing

I'm having a similar problem with standard (not live) YouTube videos streamed with a Roku Ultra. At a random time, YouTube jumps from the video I'm watching to the next in the queue.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"mahone" wrote:
I'm having a similar problem with standard (not live) YouTube videos streamed with a Roku Ultra. At a random time, YouTube jumps from the video I'm watching to the next in the queue.

I've had that happen when just using a web browser, so my guess it's YouTube itself, and not the Roku app. I watch YouTube daily and overall don't have any issues with playback. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jerankin2
Level 7

Is there any resolution yet for this problem? I started to have these symptoms on live feeds via the Youtube app in late March, almost immediately after the latest Roku system update. I received that update on March 25, 2019, at 3:03 PM PDT. I had no problems before that. I do have problems now, including an example just a few minutes ago, on June 16, 2019.

Unit is TCL Roku TV 8116X, TCL Model 32S327,Software version 9.0.0 build 4151-48. I purchased this unit new on January 1, 2019.
0 Kudos
naunga
Level 7

I have the exact same issue with my Roku, PS4, and PC. 

The only device I have that will play a live stream (in my case Chilled Cow) continuously is my Nintendo Switch.

So the good news is I don't think the issue has anything to do with the Roku YouTube app specifically, the bad news is unless you have a Switch you're hosed.
0 Kudos
jerankin2
Level 7

I am not having this problem on any app but Youtube. Specific apps for the better known live feeds still work, but their live feeds via Youtube don't.
0 Kudos
empirefalls
Level 7

Could it be interference between a Roku .....and closeness to a smart tv -or wireless router? 

I have a Roku Uktra in the living room, next to a smart TV and a wireless router.
For months to this day, a YT Live stream channel will be playing, then stop after about 10 minutes

I, also, have a Roku 4 in the bedroom connected to the bedroom TV, about  20 feet away from the smart Tv and wireless router
That does not  stop playing YT live streams after about 10 minutes Issue.  That includes watching the same Live stream channel

The Roku Ultra and Roku 4 are connected to the same wireless router.

Last week, i temporarily moved and hocked up the bedroom Roku 4  next to the smart TV and wireless router----and the Roku 4 started stopping after 10 minutes of watching live streams on You Tube.  Returned the Roku 4 back to the bedroom, it was not doing it any longer.

I have not had time to experiment more,  to formulate some more concrete conclusions. 

EDIT   FOLLOW UP:    Did more testing on the above theory.....does NOT appear to be a link
0 Kudos
ktsanf
Level 7

"jerankin2" wrote:
Is there any resolution yet for this problem? I started to have these symptoms on live feeds via the Youtube app in late March, almost immediately after the latest Roku system update. I received that update on March 25, 2019, at 3:03 PM PDT. I had no problems before that. I do have problems now, including an example just a few minutes ago, on June 16, 2019.

Unit is TCL Roku TV 8116X, TCL Model 32S327,Software version 9.0.0 build 4151-48. I purchased this unit new on January 1, 2019.

Yeah, pretty much same here. It's a bug caused by an update Roku pushed out. They need to figure things out here.
0 Kudos
ktsanf
Level 7

"empirefalls" wrote:
Could it be interference between a Roku .....and closeness to a smart tv -or wireless router? 

I have a Roku Uktra in the living room, next to a smart TV and a wireless router.
For months to this day, a YT Live stream channel will be playing, then stop after about 10 minutes

I, also, have a Roku 4 in the bedroom connected to the bedroom TV, about  20 feet away from the smart Tv and wireless router
That does not  stop playing YT live streams after about 10 minutes Issue.  That includes watching the same Live stream channel

The Roku Ultra and Roku 4 are connected to the same wireless router.

Last week, i temporarily moved and hocked up the bedroom Roku 4  next to the smart TV and wireless router----and the Roku 4 started stopping after 10 minutes of watching live streams on You Tube.  Returned the Roku 4 back to the bedroom, it was not doing it any longer.

I have not had time to experiment more,  to formulate some more concrete conclusions. 

EDIT   FOLLOW UP:    Did more testing on the above theory.....does NOT appear to be a link

Just tested on two devices - TCL Roku TV and Sony WiFi DVD player, both running YouTube app version f878cda. Streaming same exact live feed on both. Roku TCL changes after 15 minutes. Sony still streaming.
Roku broke it, they don't know how to fix it......
0 Kudos
dmdukes
Level 7

Add another person who cannot use their Roku for the one thing we bought it for (YouTube TV). Is there a way to roll the Roku back to pre 9.0.0?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dmdukes 

Thanks for the note here. This topic thread is regarding the standard YouTube channel. If you're experiencing an issue with YouTubeTV, please create a new topic and we can help take a closer look to see what recommendations we can make. We'd also recommend contacting the channel provider directly to report any issue you're seeing and request any additional support they may be able to offer. 

Feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About and more details about the issue you're running into. I will assist you further from there. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos