Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: YouTube stops playing

Ok. So are we any closer to figuring out if this is a Roku problem, a YouTube problem, or both?

And can TPTB at Roku talk to TPTB at YouTube and figure something out?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for continuing to share your reports here. 

We are currently working with the channel partner to investigate the issue, and appreciate your patience in the meantime. I'll continue to provide any further updates as we hear them. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
ktsanf
Level 7

Any updates on this? Experiencing the issue on a TCL Roku TV. Very annoying to say the least.

Roku TV: 7105X
TCL model: 55S403
Software Version: 9.0.0 - Build 4151-30
0 Kudos

"ktsanf" wrote:
Any updates on this? Experiencing the issue on a TCL Roku TV. Very annoying to say the least.

Roku TV: 7105X
TCL model: 55S403
Software Version: 9.0.0 - Build 4151-30

I hadn't even thought to try it through my smart tv. Guess there's no use trying now. Smiley Tongue Thanks for the info add.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ktsanf 

We've shared these detailed reports over with the channel provider, and are awaiting further updates. We'd recommend contacting YT support directly to follow up and request additional assistance. 

I'll provide any further updates as we hear them.  

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
ktsanf
Level 7

The weird thing here is this seems to only affect TCL Roku TVs. I can stream the same exact thing on a Samsung TV and not have this happen.
0 Kudos

I never had a problem with my ROKU SE.  Had it for years and now, youtube is not playing andy videos.  Every videos says LOADING..... and the videos will not play.
I rebooted the unit, removed the channel reinstalled it and nothing.  I hope I do not have to buy a newer model.  My TV is old and only has component cables. No HDMI.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Google has been updating the YouTube Roku app, and each time it makes it worse on older hardware. I quit using my Roku 2 XS several years ago because it was unusable on YouTube. Your Roku SE is a couple of years newer than the SE, but still woefully underpowered compared to the latest Roku players. If you can find a Roku Express+ (model 3910), it still has composite outputs but is powerful enough to run the latest channels. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ktsanf
Level 7

Yeah, we're ready to scrap this TV and buy something different. We stream a live feed in our store, this issue of suddenly changing streams every 15 minutes is annoying. I doubt it will ever be addressed/fixed.
0 Kudos

I'm OK now. My youtube is streaming videos.  Hopefully it will be stable.  I'll post if it acts up again.
0 Kudos