Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tb1274
Level 7

Re: YouTube stops playing

P.S. I tried the remove app, reboot Roku, reinstall app. No help
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"tb1274" wrote:
I have the Roku 2 model, and my Son has the Roku Ultra model. When watching live feed on YouTube, the feed times out at 15 min. and forwards to the next suggested video, or if Autoplay is set to off, it just freezes in the queue.. The live feeds that are having the problem, ie: Railfan Live Cameras, HSN, QVC. Also the HSN and QVC app on Roku (not YouTube) does not time out. I contacted YouTube, they said they have not heard of any problems. I also have an earlier model Roku in my spare room, and it is not timing out. Also, I can watch the live feeds on my laptop, and they don't time out. This would lead me to believe that the issue is with the newer model Roku devices. I have not been able to contact Roku about this. My Son and I, both, encountered the problem around January 4th. There might have been a Roku update around that time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

Which Roku 2? Model 2720? Model 4210? Those are vastly different devices and were running different versions of the YouTube app (I'm uncertain if they are the same version app now).
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
tb1274
Level 7

The model number I found is 4640 X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"tb1274" wrote:
The model number I found is 4640 X

That’s not a Roku 2. That’s a Roku Ultra from 2016 (replaced by the model 4660 in 2017. I don’t wanna get bogged down on this, but why did you think it was a Roku 2? Brain fart? Or did you give your son’s device model number instead of yours?

If you both have Ultra, even different model numbers, they are very close devices, unlike the vastly different Roku 2 models.

I’ll await clarification on which Roku you have before suggesting anything, as it may impact a suggested action.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
tb1274
Level 7

Clarification, my bad, the box and packaging info is marked ROKU 2.. I verified the unit, and it says Ultra ..
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"tb1274" wrote:
Clarification, my bad, the box and packaging info is marked ROKU 2.. I verified the unit, and it says Ultra ..

That’s good and bad.

Good: the 4640 is a great device. Many actually prefer it to the 4660 Ultra.

Bad: both devices, yours and his, should behave the same. And they don’t.

So, are you both logged in to YouTube in the app? Does it make a difference which account yore logged in to? That is, if he logs in on your Roku YouTube app, does the problem go away?
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
tb1274
Level 7

Tanner has been working with me on PM. He has all the details and is forwarding to YouTube.
0 Kudos
tb1274
Level 7

This isn't an isolated problem, there are a few people on this Forum who are experiencing this problem, and if you go on Google search, there are hundreds of people complaining about this. 
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"tb1274" wrote:
This isn't an isolated problem, there are a few people on this Forum who are experiencing this problem, and if you go on Google search, there are hundreds of people complaining about this. 

I experienced the issue on a couple of live feeds, but not on all. I don’t recall the details, as I only encountered it while troubleshooting for another user. I don’t normally watch live feeds. Anyway, the assumption at the time was an isolated issue with only certain feeds. TWiT was the problem one, I think, and Dave Ramsey was without issue.

Glad to hear Tanner is working it with you. Good luck.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
glitterninja
Level 7

I just got a Roku Ultra 4661R and am having the same problem with a live feed cutting out at 15 minutes. Folowed the uninstall and reinstall with no luck. Any updates on what the issue is? Thanks!
0 Kudos