Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MickeyDeez79
Level 7

YouTube problems

Am I the only person that can't play YouTube on my Roku? When I try to open YouTube, it just does nothing.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Applecore88
Level 7

Re: YouTube problems

Having this issue too. Best temporary fix I've found is uninstalling the app, restarting my device, reinstalling the app. It usually then works fine for a few days/a week until I have to do it again. From what I've seen elsewhere when googling this issue it's yet another one of those "Roku says it's YouTube's problem to fix, but YouTube says it's Roku's problem to fix" situations.

0 Kudos
mihalo1
Level 7

If you uninstall YouTube you may NOT reinstall.  It just stopped on mine as well.  Oh well,  goodbye Roku.  Your originals sucked anyway.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@mihalo1 wrote:

If you uninstall YouTube you may NOT reinstall.  It just stopped on mine as well.  Oh well,  goodbye Roku.  Your originals sucked anyway.

You are confusing the YT app with the YT TV app.

There is no carriage dispute with the YT app, just the YT TV app.

If you remove the YT TV app, it will remove it from all of your devices, and you likely wont be able to re-install it again until Roku and Google resolve the dispute at some unknown future point in time.

Regardless, you can still access YT TV through the YT app (new option at the bottom left in the UI menu).

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@MickeyDeez79 wrote:

Am I the only person that can't play YouTube on my Roku? When I try to open YouTube, it just does nothing.

Known solutions/workarounds for YT app not loading:

1) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

2) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

3) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

4) Remove YT app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/System restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE, Add YT app - try again

5) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos