Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mjw1964
Level 8

Roku Ultra 4670 Rebooting on YouTube

I replaced my 4660 with the 4670. It works fine except it periodically, but regularly freezes and then reboots. My s/w version is 9.2.0 builed 4806-46.

Anyone else have this problem?

Highlighted
boogernose
Level 12

Re: Roku Ulra 4670 Rebooting

What Are you watching when this happens?

At least it saves your login credentials........

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mjw1964
Level 8

Well, I'm mostly watching YouTube these days, so it's PROBABLY happening during that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
boogernose
Level 12

I just got got an ultra myself but Im going out of town tomorrow so I cant install or play with iit for a few weeks. You can play with lower resolution settings.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mjw1964 Thanks for reaching out here. A few more questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing: 

- Does this happen while watching other channels on your device? 

- Have you tried removing YouTube, restarting your device from Settings>System>System restart, then adding YouTube back again to see if the same issue persists? 

- If this behavior occurs again, please generate an issue report tracker ID by pressing the Home button 5 times quickly, followed by the back button 5 times quickly on your remote. 

Feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About, along with the report tracker ID and I'll continue assisting you from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

I have a 4640 and a new 4670. The 4640 never has a problem with YouTube, but last night I did encounter a forced reboot during a longer video (was over an hour, it rebooted around the half-way point). if the problem occurs again, I'll attempt to report it to Google. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mike9684
Level 7

It freezes when going into screen saver mode 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ozzy4794
Level 7

Re: YouTube problems on Roku ultra 2019

Same problem as others.  Just got a brand new Roku Ultra 2019 during the Black Friday deal.  YouTube's been pretty much non-usable from the get-go.  Crashes, freezes that cause the Roku to reboot, etc...  Opened a support chat and they had me do all the usual-- swap HDMI cables, try different TVs, etc..  Then they had me Factory Reset the device. 

Eventually, I realized that I enabled HDR 4.2.2 and Refresh Rate switch (my LG OLED supports both).  For $#!T$ and giggles I turned them off and sure enough, the problems went away.  Haven't had a YouTube crash, HDCP error, "snow" from rate switch, or device reboot since.

Clearly this Roku release has a bug with these features.  I think I'll go back to my Shield until the next update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mjw1964
Level 8

Hi Tanner,

I haven't seen it do with anything other than YouTube, but I do watch YT a lot so it's likely it would do it during then. I'm going to do what you said about removing and re-adding. If it still does it, I will send you a report.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sundragon
Level 7

Re: YouTube problems on Roku ultra 2019

I'm also having the same issue with my 2019 ROKU Ultra 4k and Youtube. The videos start and then either the audio continues and the video stops. Then after about 30 seconds the ROKU hard crashes and reboots. The unit sometimes will hard crash and reboot at the start of a video. 

I tried deleting Youtube, restarting, and reinstalling the app. I'll report back if the issue continues. 

The frustrating thing is that this has happened on my ancient Roku from 2015 and it has been ongoing for over a month. I wonder if ROKU/Google are aware and planning on a fix.

0 Kudos