Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: YouTube problems on Roku ultra 2019

+1 more (which is why I found this topic),  changed from the 2017 ultra to the 2019 ultra at the end of november, have immediately noticed the youtube causing roku to crask bug since then.  OCD system updater on my rokus and never had this problem on the 2017 ultra,  but perhaps I updated to the 2019 just when the system software was updated...    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rics1997
Level 7

Same issue with my new 2019 Ultra

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Noahxstr
Level 7

I’m having the same issue and I have zero control of the Roku when it freezes. I have to wait until the system reboots itself. I don’t think we have lemons, I think it is an issue that needs to be addressed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mjw1964
Level 8

I started a separate thread about this problem a couple of weeks ago. Will Roku do anything about this?

0 Kudos
mrrogers101
Level 8

So far there has been no response from Roku.  Don't hold your breath on a fix

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mjw1964
Level 8

Will prolly just fix it in an update later, but never acknowledge that there was a problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wizard220
Level 8

Re: YouTube problems on Roku Ultra 4670 (2019 model)

Same issue here, brand new Roku Ultra 2019 and it freezes up and reboots on it's own.  I have 2 brand new Roku Ultras 2019 and they both locks up and then reboots.  It is not just Youtube that does it but also on Hulu.  This is not at set times but it happens at random. Some days it will just play fine then at other times it just wants to mess up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MV
Level 7

Re: Device Freezing and rebooting when using YouTube

I have a brand new Roku Ultra 2019 and I have never had a Roku before.  I just set it up yesterday.  It is crashing every 30 minutes on the You Tube channel.  It pulled in the latest update when I set it up - but it is unusable for watching You Tube.   I'm starting to regret my Roku purchase, but I can still return it for a full refund.

Is there a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MV  Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. We're currently working with the channel provider to investigate this issue. Could you please provide more information about your specific setup and the content you are watching in YouTube? 

- What is the exact title of the video you are watching inside YouTube when you observe this issue? 

- Does this issue occur in any other channels on your device? 

- Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen, restarting the device from Settings>System>System restart, then once the device has rebooted, add YouTube back once more and try again? 

- The next time this issue occurs, could you please generate an issue report tracker ID by pressing the Home button 5 times quickly, followed by the back button 5 times quickly on your remote? 

I'll help pass this information along to the team so they can continue looking into this from there. 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MV
Level 7

Hi Tanner,

It is on the Cookie Swirl C channel streaming multiple episodes.

I'll try and send an issue report the next time it happens, but it freezes and then the Roku Ultra reboots itself so I'm not sure that will be possible.

I'll try removing and reinstalling, but it was just installed for the first time yesterday.

0 Kudos