Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

YouTube posting not showing up on roku

Jump to solution

Last evening I posted a video on YouTube. It showed up immediately on my phone after signout and re-search, but as of 2pm today I have not been able to find it on YouTube on my Roku. I've tried everything- restarting the Roku, both manually and via system restart option, changing my account (I have 2), signing out of YouTube and signing back in, you name it. I did notice that videos I posted awhile back do show up in a search. If it's a delay on Roku, when can I expect to see it, or is it something else I'm missing? It's branded as "public," so anyone should be able to watch. I need to have it publicly available on a friend's Roku to be shown on Christmas Eve. Please help. Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: YouTube posting not showing up on roku

Jump to solution

@frank1492 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@frank1492 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you. Actually the video has now appeared in search. Don't know why it was delayed.

0 Kudos