Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube playback speed

Jump to solution

Hello @JimMelbFL

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Vicki002
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Definitely not YouTube…I have speed options on my iPad mini and iPad…just not on roku.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If anyone is having this problem on their Roku, devices you can contact YouTube support at YouTube Help (google.com).

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I saw one person with a roku made a comment earlier on YouTube's site about the youtube playback speed option missing. 

Here is a direct link to the discussion Playback speed option missing in YouTube app - YouTube Community (google.com)

0 Kudos
JimMelbFL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ref:

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hello @JimMelbFL

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Yes. I tried multiple times - physical power off, Reinstall etc.

Many of the folks over at reddit who are seeing the same thing believe that this may be a deliberate attempt by YouTube to force standard speed on all Roku users (smartphone apps seem so far unaffected) to listen at regular speed so they can generate maximum user-airtime for advert revenue.

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
TCLStreamer
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Vicki002 @JimMelbFL  Google is the developer for the YouTube channel on Roku. They decide what options are available for each OS. So you need to bring your issues up to Google as @OwnerofDevices  has mentioned and provided links too. 

0 Kudos
JimMelbFL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hitting it from all sides to get more user community demands to fix it ASAP. It's been going on for months....

Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Bob60

Jump to solution

This just happed to me via Roku app and HI Sense Smart TV I also sent feedback to YouTube Please fix it

jefferis
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Where do you take it to Google Youtube?  Where do you report it? 

Problem started 3 days ago.   Will stop using Youtube on Roku if this continues as some episodes are way to slow. 

0 Kudos