Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube playback speed

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
JimMelbFL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I got it fixed on my Roku device without a single change to the build version. Posted info with Google and 2 hrs later it started working again without any new release of app version.

i am speculating that it was a SNAFU in the default YouTube admin settings that let channel content providers to disallow speed up options in the Youtube Roku app user interface. Most content providers do not care if their client subscribers speed up content at 1.25x-2.0x playback but some few do (since it reduces "airtime metrics" used by channel sponsors to reward fees per view-time. My content provider friends told me they did not disable any user fast play options so there was likely a systemic reset of defaults to "disallow" this feature recently by accidental glitch by a global Google/YOUTUBE  administrator setting.

Hopefully this is now fixed for all.

Vicki002
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi JimMelbFL, Unfortunately, my YouTube still doesn’t have speed choices. I. On a Sharp Roku tv. I wonder if that makes a difference. Anyone know, and have a suggestion?

0 Kudos
JimMelbFL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Vicky, double check that your Roku YOUTUBE App is updated to current version. If still having trouble contact Google support for their Youtube app: 

https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

0 Kudos
Yfy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That makes too much sense. 

0 Kudos