Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dandan14
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube playback speed

Jump to solution

Speed option still there for me...but I bet it will disappear the next time the youtube app updates.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@dandan14 Roku does not develop the YouTube channel. Google does. So your issue is with the Google developers 

8E9C2E7E-A2EB-48D0-BC31-9B9AAAD9F40A.jpeg

0 Kudos
Vicki002
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I used to have speed options but suddenly a few weeks ago, it disappeared. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Vicki002 

My Roku device running YouTube version 2.21, build 94005088 still has the speed controls. 

I access them by pressing UP to get the timeline and other options. Pressing UP gets me to the options line, showing Channel, Captions, and More. Pressing OK on more gets me the rest of the options, to include Speed.

Is your version different? What do you have?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Pretired
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same happened to me, never had it until one day it was there, then a week or two back I noticed it was gone.

I sent a question to Youtube regarding this and have not heard back so far.

0 Kudos
Vicki002
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I took a photo of the options after clicking on “more” but don’t know how to upload it here. Anyway, I no longer have a speed option, and also mo longer have the icon for subscribing, or seeing if I’m already subscribed.

0 Kudos
Vicki002
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not sure how to find what versions I have.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Vicki002 

For any Roku app, highlight the app on the main menu, then hit the Options button. At the top, above the actions you can perform, are the app version data.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Vicki002
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have version 2.20, build 93005147.

0 Kudos
JimMelbFL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem. Used to work fine for years. Now I no longer have a You Tube setting option to change playback speed at all. I removed the app and reinstalled (latest version 2.22 build 105005058) and no joy. Works fine on my Android Smartphone You Tube App. Seems to be related only to ROKU's new You Tube channel app. 

Based on comments It looks like Roku is trying to blame You Tube.

0 Kudos