Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTube on Roku Not Consistent In Usability

Jump to solution

I don't know if this issue is on Google's end or Roku's, but the YouTube app is never consistent in how playback works. I've found that it goes back and forth on letting me hold down fast forward/rewind or having to press it for every 10 seconds I wish to skip. I've also noticed that recently, if I open a playlist and jump to a specific video, it no longer remembers which video I'm watching in said playlist when I pull it up from the bottom using my remote. I may not know what's going on in the background as far as coding is concerned, but what I do know is continuously removing and adding back features that make using a Roku easy to use is completely defeating it's own purpose

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: YouTube on Roku Not Consistent In Usability

Jump to solution

@AgentCPU0 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: YouTube on Roku Not Consistent In Usability

Jump to solution

@AgentCPU0 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos