Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bru20
Level 9

YouTube on Roku 3

For months YouTube has not worked right on my Roku 3.  Have to use back arrows, etc. to get the videos to show.  A complete mess.  Is this Roku's way of telling me to buy a new device?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: YouTube on Roku 3

"bru20" wrote:
For months YouTube has not worked right on my Roku 3.  Have to use back arrows, etc. to get the videos to show.  A complete mess.  Is this Roku's way of telling me to buy a new device?

Huh. YouTube works fine on my Roku 2 (model 4210, an identical device to the Roku 3). It may be that you need a new device. Or, it may mean you need to troubleshoot some more. I'd go with that.

Again, it's not that the YouTube doesn't work on the Roku 3. It's something going on with your setup. Could be the app is wonky. Try this:

1) Log out of the app. 2) Remove the app. 3) Reboot the Roku. 4) Add the app back. In that order.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
bru20
Level 9

"DBDukes" wrote:
"bru20" wrote:

Huh. YouTube works fine on my Roku 2 (model 4210, an identical device to the Roku 3). It may be that you need a new device. Or, it may mean you need to troubleshoot some more. I'd go with that.

Again, it's not that the YouTube doesn't work on the Roku 3. It's something going on with your setup. Could be the app is wonky. Try this:

1) Log out of the app. 2) Remove the app. 3) Reboot the Roku. 4) Add the app back. In that order.

My set up?  I have a Roku,  I use the YouTube app and it doesn't work properly.  It works fine on every other device I have.  There's a problem with the app and has been for months.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"bru20" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:

My set up?  I have a Roku,  I use the YouTube app and it doesn't work properly.  It works fine on every other device I have.  There's a problem with the app and has been for months.

Huh. It works for me. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

I can't agree that there's an app issue. I use YouTube every day on my Ultra or one of my Roku TVs without issue. Now, could it be something specific to your Roku 3? Certainly possible. But that would indicate a hardware issue. Why only that channel? I can't guess, but since YouTube uses a video codec that most other sites don't (VP-9), your player might have an issue with that. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos