Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_The_Shadow
Level 7

YouTube not working

I have 2 Roku express devices and a Roku stick. YouTube is unavailable on all of them. I tried the install after reset nothing. System is up to date every other app works perfectly fine yet YouTube is still down. It's been this way since mid January. Is this being worked on? Is there a fix? Is YouTube just abandoned?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube not working

What country are you located in?

What are the model #s of all your Rokus?  (Settings/System/About)

What are the versions+builds of your YT app for each Roku?

Highlight the YT on each, press the options (*) button (it will show the version and build).

Have you recently replaced/updated your modem/router/gateway or otherwise changed its firewall/filtering configuration?

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
renojim

If you have both Youtube and Youtube TV installed, remove them both, reboot/restart your Roku, add Youtube.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mark_The_Shadow

Thanks for the post.

To add to what @renojim mentioned, we would recommend removing any unused channels, restarting the device, then seeing if the issue is resolved.

In addition, we would recommend trying to perform a manual update on your Roku device to see if you can update to the latest OS and see if you are still seeing the issue you are reporting. For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
StreamerUser

YT/YTTV app updates were released today (2/11) - check to see if your issue was resolved.

StreamerUser

0 Kudos