Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ace1062682
Level 7

Re: Youtube does not work on Roku even after reset

Jump to solution

I have the same setup. I just tried what you laid out and it didn't work for. The whole thing is bizarre. From this thread this looks to have been happening for some time now. Just struck me yesterday. 

0 Kudos
brkdude
Level 7

Re: Youtube does not work on Roku even after reset

Jump to solution

It happened to one of my two roku tvs. Is irritating I understand.  Sorry it did not work. Hope there is a reason for it/fix soon for everyone. Not sure why removing, adding,  resetting tv settings, restarting,  and then lauching app worked for me.

0 Kudos
Gibson
Level 7

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

Jump to solution

Olá minha tv não está abrindo o YouTube, já restaurei os padrões de fábrica, já segui sua sugestão de desativar o app e depois reiniciar... Mas nada resolve. Vocês poderiam me ajudar? Somente o youtube não abre, os outros canais de steeaming funcionam perfeitamente.

0 Kudos
MissouriTim
Level 7

Re: YouTube not working on ROKU

Jump to solution

I've had the same issue recurring on multiple Roku devices. A "program update" followed by a system restart seems to cure the issue for a while. Roku is as big a victim of demonic Google as we are. It is time to disassemble the arrogant Google monopoly and insist on internet privacy laws to prevent monsters like Google from growing again. If Google insists on obtaining personal information about me, let them be forced to negotiate a price directly with me or hear me say to them to go to **bleep**.

0 Kudos
CJ_930
Level 7

Jump to solution

Youtube not opening.  Model 3920x is updated, -for the last week youtube stops launching after it closes down after sitting idle through the night.. 

- by removing the app then re-adding it, the app will function normally, but after a while it stops again.  Last night I read fed the app and it was functional.  After sleeping with it on- this morning it won’t launch again. 

0 Kudos
LataAm_Pilot
Level 7

Jump to solution

June 30’21 …. I updated the RokuTV OS, removed YouTube Chanel, and reinstalled.  It does NOTHING!  Chanel not working.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Level 11

Jump to solution

Don't forget to restart your streaming device or Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
Una7
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's not working for me either. This is the second time this month. Last time uninstalling/reinstalling worked, this time I did that twice and restarted Roku both times and it still doesn't open. I gave it a 1 star rating and feedback.

0 Kudos
ocgltd
Level 7

Jump to solution

People keep posting the same type of generic advice - none of which work.  The solution has to come from Roku - but their support team seems to have no interest.

I have to unsubscribe due to all the people who keep posting their "solutions"...which if they had read the entire thread would realize that it is not a solution.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@ocgltd wrote:

People keep posting the same type of generic advice - none of which work.  The solution has to come from Roku - but their support team seems to have no interest.

I have to unsubscribe due to all the people who keep posting their "solutions"...which if they had read the entire thread would realize that it is not a solution.

Just as an FYI, all of the known workarounds/solutions do work - they just dont work for all models/configurations all the time (hence a list of them to try)

However, I'm not sure why the "real" solution has to come from Roku, since its Google's app.

However, perhaps neither party is interested in making any real effort to solve any issues related to YT and YT TV considering the current YT TV carriage dispute and impasse (and Google's YT workaround for YT TV).

It very well could be the specific changes made to the YT app to allow YT TV access through it are the source of the loading issues - If Roku helps Google solve the issue, they are also assisting Google in bypassing their YT TV app access block.

If Google addresses the issue, they lose a significant amount of consumer frustration (mis?)directed at Roku by users that couldnt access YT/YT TV.

As in any carriage dispute, the companies attempt to maximize and weaponize consumer frustration to gain the upper hand both in the court of public opinion, and potentially any court of law (or other legal proceeding).

0 Kudos