Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sstewa00
Level 7

YouTube not working 8-22-21

I have a #TCL Roku #tv and as of today I can’t load #YouTube. I’ll click on the app it will go to the loading screen and then it will take me back to my tv’s home page. I’ve also tried casting YouTube from my phone but that does not work either. I reinstalled it and turned my tv off and on, it still doesn’t work. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube not working 8-22-21

@sstewa00 

Try reinstalling the app this way. Any other way won't work.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart 
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order. No other way.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@sstewa00 

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

If what @DBDukes suggests doesnt resolve it, try the following:

Known solutions/workarounds for YT app not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

5) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

NOTE for #5: Do not remove the YouTube TV app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute

0 Kudos
kwaugus0790
Level 7

When I click on the YouTube ap it just circles around.   I don't have cable, so this bites and is very irritating.   Worked this morning.   

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@kwaugus0790 

Restart the Roku device. Settings > System  > System restart

If that doesn't work, have you tried the other suggestions in this thread?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
kwaugus0790
Level 7

TV gods were kind to me.   Yes, went through the list.  Got fed up - unplugged everything for the night and poof! this morning worked again.   Maybe didn't leave it off long enough. 

Was cautious about getting a smart TV - so many things can go wrong, but I don't want to pay for cable.   Outside of the volume not working and having to reset that often, works pretty well, but honestly prefer by Roku box.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos