Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winsum50
Level 7

YouTube not showing some videos

Have a 3600x.

About 3 or 4 days ago the YouTube app started showing video only on some videos. They play and the sound works fine, just can’t see the video.
 I’ve reset the app and Roku, uninstalled and reinstalled the YouTube app, disconnected and reconnected, the roku stick, removed and  reset my network connection, I do not use the mobile app or anything like that. I just use the app thru roku. This started happening on both by sticks/tv’s. 
I am at a loss. Anyone know what’s going on?
Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: YouTube not showing some videos

I'm using YouTube right now with no issues. It's possible that you have just selected a bad video from them, but there's so many to choose from without knowing the specific titles of the problem videos it's tough to say what the issue might be.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
winsum50
Level 7

Re: YouTube not showing some videos

"atc98092" wrote:
I'm using YouTube right now with no issues. It's possible that you have just selected a bad video from them, but there's so many to choose from without knowing the specific titles of the problem videos it's tough to say what the issue might be.

Thanks atc98092, but that is a negative. This isn’t occurring with one or two videos, but many. Some are fine, some won’t show the video but sound plays.
0 Kudos