Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bubba9999
Level 7

YouTube not loading on older TCL ROKU SMART TV

Having trouble getting YouTube to load on older TCL ROKU SMART TV.  The load process completes the 100% load cycle then returns to home screen and locks the TV screen; have to restart.  I have gone through the process of resetting router and extender, power down the TV with the button while the TV is unplugged, restart TV, reset internet connection and re-connect internet.  Internet speed is good.  Both Roku and YouTube are up to date.  All other channels work fine; loads fast and runs.  07/06/Having trouble getting YouTube to load on older TCL ROKU SMART TV.  The load process completes the 100% load cycle then returns to home screen and locks the TV screen; have to restart.  I have gone through the process of resetting router and extender, power down the TV with the button while the TV is unplugged, restart TV, reset internet connection and re-connect internet.  Internet speed is good.  Both Roku and YouTube are up to date.  All other channels work fine; loads fast and runs.  07/06/2021 7:47 pm.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube not loading on older TCL ROKU SMART TV

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

Known solutions/workarounds for YT app not loading:

1) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

4) Remove YT app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/Power/System restart), Add YT app - try again

5) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

Otherwise, you'll need to contact TCL:  https://support.tcl.com/contact-us

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Re: YouTube not loading on older TCL ROKU SMART TV

Always reboot the device, and if that does not work, remove the channel, reboot, then add the channel again.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos