Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zaeyde
Level 7

YouTube fast forwarding broken

Just started yesterday, in the YouTube app it's no longer possible to fast forward by holding down either the seek or arrow button. In order to skip through you have to keep pushing the button to advance in 10 second increments. I tried to skip through a 5 hour video and wore out my finger! Having this issue with both my Roku devices.

It's seriously frustrating and a little infuriating. Also I miss the little corgi that would chase the ball on the progress bar when you skipped far ahead.

What happened?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: YouTube fast forwarding broken

Google keeps changing the function of their channel. But I can FF if I push the Down button (brings up the progress bar), then push Up and then use the left/right buttons. That worked a few days ago. I'll try it tonight when I get home. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note here. 

The channel provider controls the features and configuration of their channel on the Roku platform. You'll want to reach out to the channel provider directly for more information about the change in channel experience you have observed. They'll be the best resource to help answer your questions regarding their specific channel.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Just tried it on my Premiere, and it worked as I noted above. I can FF or rewind easily. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Zaeyde
Level 7

I tried the up down thing, still no good.
I don't think I'm going to have any luck contacting YouTube. Smiley Sad
0 Kudos