Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: YouTube does not connect

I finally got it to work by pressing ok and star on the remote at the same time it was loading. I pressed it the entire time it was loading too. It didn't work the first time. The second time it loaded the page and I was able to play the first video on the screen before it kicked me out. The third time I was able to navigate to my account page and sign in. I paired it with one of my devices and now it works. It still kicks me out if I try to navigate passed more than three videos but at least I can get back in! 

Highlighted
Level 8

The * + OK hack works.  However as Jillski told, it is intermittent and needs a permanent fix. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The * + OK hack did not work for me, either prior to or after removing/rebooting/reinstalling YouTube app for the tenth time.

YouTube's Roku app worked fine prior to the 9.2 update. It hardly seems reasonable for Tanner and the Roku software team to deflect these new and ongoing functionality issues onto YouTube's support team. Were Google / YouTube developers privy to the changes Roku engineered in OS 9.2? How can they be responsible for fielding, let alone addressing, these new issues with their app on Roku's new operating system?

0 Kudos