Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GR
Level 8

YouTube does not connect

When YouTube is clicked goes to the page but comes up with Signout menu on the right but does not download all content and goes back to home page. This started happening from start of this week.

[post moved to appropriate board]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
boogernose
Level 10

Re: YouTube does not connect

Try highlighting the channel in Home and press the star key on your remote.

Check for Updates.

Do you have your Display Type set to 720p....you should.

If not get back to us and maybe one of these hotshots knows something.

You can also uninstall and re-install the Channel I gather that can work.

0 Kudos
Jillski
Level 9

This started happening to me today also. I did uninstall. Reboot. Reinstall. Same issue. I unplugged everything as well.

GR
Level 8

Unplugged the power, changed resolution to 740. It goes up to YouTube shows a split panel some recommended videos on the left and the menu on the right with just a red band which used to be sign out and goes back to Home screen.

0 Kudos
Ixscream
Level 7

Wtf same here. Changed res same bull this is **bleep**

0 Kudos
Ixscream
Level 7

I jumped thru all appropriate hoops even an annoying factory reset notta wtf this is **bleep**

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 10

From Tanners Sticky;

Follow these steps in order

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart.
  3. Once your player starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

As per HERE.            Its working fine for me Good Luck

Also try opening Youtube on your smart phone and signing in.

I do think they should be aware so lets rattle some bones., @RokuTannerD  and @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're seeing. 

If performing the troubleshooting @boogernose posted above isn't resolving the issue, and other channels are working correctly, you'll need to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional assistance. You can reach YouTube support here: https://www.youtube.com/t/contact_us or on Twitter @ TeamYouTube 

I'll be sure to pass this feedback along to channel provider as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Ixscream
Level 7

Been there done that seems their tv channel may want money and is no longer free to roku users

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 10

Thatis not the case. reread my post I edited it.

Good Luck

0 Kudos