Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jyrinx
Level 7

YouTube autoplay always on when casting

Jump to solution

YouTube seems to want to autoplay whenever my iPhone is connected. If I launch the channel and play a video with the remote, then at the end, playback ends, as God intended. If I connect from my phone, then no matter how I pick a video, it %#*!ing autoplays afterward. (Just to infuriate me, it puts up a countdown, then tells me to press Stop to cancel. Real helpful on a Roku.)

Already did the remove/reboot/reinstall dance. (It's a brand-new box, so that was a long shot anyway.) Also already sent feedback to YouTube, but I get a distinct “screaming into the void” feeling from that form.

Does anyone happen to know a workaround?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jyrinx
Level 7

Re: YouTube autoplay always on when casting

Jump to solution

*sigh* I get to answer my own question: Turns out I have to turn off autoplay again by turning it off in the queue. Apparently turning it off on the phone and on the device it's connected to isn't enough of a hint. *mumble* *grumble* user-hostile piece of *grumble* …

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Jyrinx
Level 7

Re: YouTube autoplay always on when casting

Jump to solution

*sigh* I get to answer my own question: Turns out I have to turn off autoplay again by turning it off in the queue. Apparently turning it off on the phone and on the device it's connected to isn't enough of a hint. *mumble* *grumble* user-hostile piece of *grumble* …

View solution in original post

0 Kudos