Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RIOT888
Level 7

YouTube app not loading subscribed

Hi all my Roku stick will no longer load my subscribed tab for you tube. At the moment it displays a black screen with grey windows where the info should be

Things I have tried:

Reboot Roku
Reboot YouTube app
Sign out/in to YouTube app
Remove you tube channel and reinstall
Checked Roku for latest firmware
Disconnect/reconnect Roku physical wire
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: YouTube app not loading subscribed

@RIOT888
Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing. A couple questions to gather a little more information here: 

- Which model of Roku player are you seeing this issue on? 
- Try removing the YouTube channel from the Roku home screen, then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the YouTube channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? 

If that still doesn't help resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku player from Settings>System>About, and any other details about when you first observed this, etc. I'll follow up with you and help report this issue over to the channel publisher to request they take a closer look. I'd also recommend following up with YouTube support to report the issue as well. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
MakeeReno
Level 7

Having the same issue with Roku SE.

Youtube will not load, just goes back to home screen?

Has this been resolved?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MakeeReno 

Hi there, 

Please follow the standard channel troubleshooting steps to help resolve that type of issue. 

Start here to troubleshoot channel issues:

Follow these steps in order

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart.
  3. Once your player starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
MakeeReno
Level 7

Hi Thanks,

Tried this in exact order 3 times to no avail.

Also changed screen resolutions, Roku location (signal excellent) and nothing works.

All other channels work, What could be wrong?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you contacted YouTube support to report the issue in their channel and request additional help? That would be the next step in troubleshooting the issue. 

The only other recommendation we can make would be to perform a factory reset of your device, and set it up again from scratch. This will clear all data, channel, and login information from your device and allow you to set it up again fresh. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
MakeeReno
Level 7

Thanks, it has to be the YouTube App as eveyrthing else works perfect,

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

@MakeeReno wrote:

Having the same issue with Roku SE.

Youtube will not load, just goes back to home screen?

Has this been resolved?

I can't find any Roku model called the SE. What is it's model number?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
MakeeReno
Level 7

Roku 1 (2710 series)
Roku Streaming Player or 2710x if that helps
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

@MakeeReno wrote:
Roku 1 (2710 series)
Roku Streaming Player or 2710x if that helps

Yes, that helps immensely. The 2710 is still officially a supported player, but it is lacking in power considerably compared to the newer devices. In fact, the CPU is no more powerful than the one in my 2 XS, which is no longer supported. On my 2 XS YouTube was almost impossible to use because of the lack of power. You might be running into the same issue. Google continues to update their channel to support the latest players, and they don't seem to care if it no longer works well on the older boxes. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos