Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick0318
Level 7

YouTube app is dogs**t

It seems to know which songs I enjoy most and all of them are broken. I stops to load every 2 seconds (literally) to load and the playback cursor is speeding down at twice the speed well the video plays at regular speed but buffers every couple of seconds. I'm about to throw my Roku in the fucking river because you think if half of everything is broken on my TV there must be at least one other person who's had the same problem but I haven't found any information. Someone help before I pop a fucking blood vessel
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: YouTube app is dogs**t

First, Roku doesn't build or control the YouTube channel. Google is the owner, and you'd have to talk with them. Second, we have no idea what Roku player you have. If it's an older player, you may as well give up ever getting YT to work well. The player is too old, and Google is developing the channel for the newest, more powerful Roku players. 
The usual troubleshooting suggestion is to remove the channel (hit the * button and select Remove), reboot the Roku (if you don't reboot, it isn't really removed), then install the channel again. I use YouTube on a daily basis, and have no issues with it. But all of my Roku players are less than two years old. It's a little laggy on my Insignia TV, but that's a small, low powered set. On my other TV, my Stick and my Ultra, YouTube works perfectly. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

I always just cast what I want to watch, so much easier than dealing with YouTube's horrible interface.
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

There are some constants in the universe:

1) Roku Forums are ate up with spam.
2) Bill Clinton did NOT have Sexual Relations with that woman.
3) You Tube's App is Dogs**t.

There are some other things in your life that may vary somewhat, but those three things you can carve into stone. If you can figure out a way to look at You Tube stuff without having to use one of their apps - do that... whatever it is.

Smiley Wink
0 Kudos