Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonicmoon
Level 8

YouTube app - after latest update, long press to select watch later plays item chosen

Previously, in YouTube app long pressing on a video thumbnail gave you the option to add to playlist or watch later etc. Then you simply hit the back key to return to the previous screen. After the most recent update to YouTube app, the video selected to add to watch later begins playing after adding it.  Development bug?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LindaF
Level 8

Re: YouTube app - after latest update, long press to select watch later plays item chosen

I have lots of problems with YouTube.  Takes forever to load.  Spins and spins until I click the down arrow or OK button.  Then I get a black screen.  Hit one of the buttons again and it starts playing the first video up.  Have to back out of that and with lots of fiddling with buttons finally get to the list to chose a video.  Very annoying.  

MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: YouTube app - after latest update, long press to select watch later plays item chosen

Hi @Sonicmoon,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,

Mary

Sonicmoon
Level 8

Thanks for the suggested remedy... however, after following the recommendation the problem still exists.  I'll make a bug report to Google.  Looks like it may have been due to their Feb19 update.

0 Kudos
Seff
Level 8

I have a similar back button issue, long pressing the button to select 'not interested' removes the video from the list as it should, but when pressing back it starts playing the next video (that moves up the list to take the not interested videos place.)

0 Kudos
Sonicmoon
Level 8

yeah.. it seems Google developers messed up on a few things in this release.

0 Kudos
Seff
Level 8

Just FYI: I was just watching YouTube on my android tv box and the new YouTube update there does this exact thing, so apparently it's a Google issue.

0 Kudos