Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kccat5
Level 7

YouTube app acting weird

I turned on my Roku TV tonight to see that there was an update done and I went to my YouTube app to play a video and the video is playing in the background but the YouTube thumbnails are stuck on the screen how do I fix this ? I don't know what to do I don't even know how to search for an answer for this.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
goya
Level 7

Re: YouTube app acting weird

youtube channel on tcl roku TV just started acting strange as well. rebooting tv did not fix it.

broken YouTube TV channel...
0 Kudos
kccat5
Level 7

I am so glad to see I'm not the only one
0 Kudos
RedBatman89
Level 7

Same here on Roku 3, Roku Premiere Plus seems to be fine
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Please delete the channel, reboot the Roku (do NOT skip this step no matter what), and then re-add the channel.

Report back after testing again.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
kccat5
Level 7

Okay but how do I delete the channel? sorry I'm new to this I've never done it before
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Hit the asterisk button on the remote (*) while hovering over the channel, and select delete channel.  Reboot the Roku after the channel is removed.  Re-add channel through the channel store.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
kccat5
Level 7

Okay I remove the channel I rebooted the TV I went to the channel store to Re add YouTube but it won't add it back into my television. I click the add Channel button it says it's been added to my account but it doesn't show up and when I refresh the page it goes back to add Channel it's not working
0 Kudos
kccat5
Level 7

Nevermind I was adding the channel from my phone and not from the channel store on the TV itself I'm sorry that was my mistake
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Cool.  If you have any further issues, feel free to PM me directly.  Be certain to list me the following information in the PM:

• Serial Number/DeviceID

• Current Firmware Version and Build number

• Roku Account email address

I can forward that information over to CS/Engineering to have a look at (and also link to this thread so I can reference the original issue :mrgreen: )
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos