Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leemelone
Level 9

YouTube and A&E No Longer Working On 2710X

Jump to solution

I have two ROKU SE (2710X) and this past week YouTube stopped loading. I tried the usual adding and removing channel and rebooting on both. Nothing changed. Then yesterday A&E stopped loading. I used the feedback option and reported it to Roku. I also went to YouTube and reported the issue. I'm sure the problem is not my Rokus because it's doing the exact same thing on both. All other apps work fine. I know they are older models but they are still on the update-able list. Any suggestions on how I can get this issue fixed? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: YouTube and A&E No Longer Working On 2710X

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here. 

You'll want to contact each channel (app) provider directly to report this type of issue and request additional support with their channel on the Roku platform. 

In general, you'll want to try removing the channel, then restart your device before adding the channel back again. If that isn't clearing up the issue, please continue to follow up with the channel provider to request additional updates. We'll pass the feedback along to them as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here. 

You'll want to contact each channel (app) provider directly to report this type of issue and request additional support with their channel on the Roku platform. 

In general, you'll want to try removing the channel, then restart your device before adding the channel back again. If that isn't clearing up the issue, please continue to follow up with the channel provider to request additional updates. We'll pass the feedback along to them as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Deniseinhilo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Tanner. I had the same issue with Youtube not working. I uninstalled, etc. to no avail. I went through a variety of videos and thought I was resetting my Roku but now my Roku device will not work AT ALL. 
Roku works on my cell phone (iphone 8+), however I can now not get my Roku 1 to connect at all. My remote stopped working long ago so I use my cell phone as my remote control. It can't find my device. I have tried everything. I can not click on anything, not even the home buttons on the remote until it connects. I went the entire long holiday weekend with no tv and no access to my Roku. Honestly, I am ready to throw it out the window. 

I get the home screen but the light is blinking on the Roku box and it says not connected. Any suggestions? This allstarted because Youtube was not working on my Roku. 

0 Kudos
leemelone
Level 9

Jump to solution

Seems to be the only answer ever given in this forum is to remove, re-boot, reinstall. If you read my post, you will see that I did that  and contacted the providers before I posted here. I've been a ROKU user for years but I guess it might be time to explore other options.

0 Kudos
Stevew1
Level 7

Jump to solution
Having the same problem with YouTube and 2710x. Already did the remove and reinstall, checked the system update version. All that is done. Any actual suggestions to address this problem would be nice.
0 Kudos
rhm
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku 1 and SE.  One on Comcast, other on AT&T.  Same problem, same time frame after Roku sent out system update.  Obvious Roku system problem.  I know, they are old.  Just say no longer supported if that is the case.

0 Kudos